Sunday, June 10, 2007

Paris and Versailles!

In June I went to Paris with Marina.

We took the Eurostar train from London early one morning. It goes straight under the english channel and travels at speeds of up to 190 miles per hour! When you go under the channel there is pressure in ones ears similar to taking off in a plane.... the channel tunnel is about 20 minutes of the entire 3.5 hour trip.

I wasn't going to go to Paris and not go to the Louvre so it was one of our first stops. It was really impressive to see all of the anchient artifacts and of course the Mona Lisa!




I didn't care much for the food in France but the sweets and pastries were good! Ok I can't complain about the wine and cheese either.....




Another required sight seeing destination of course!



Next stop the Arch de Triumph. It is massive!


I don't remember what this building is .... ugh. I need to take notes!

This was along the river near Notre Dame.

Notre Dame de Paris. We climed the stairs for a view from the top. It is one of the best views in Paris.





Marina takes a break in the park near a fountain.


We took a side trip to Versailles and saw the fountains at the Chateau de Versailles. The fountains were pretty impressive.....


I sure do like to take pictures of funny stores!

That's it for Paris! A quick but enjoyable weekend trip.

Till next time... Cheers!

2 comments:

Monson Family said...

Fun trip! I am loving all the beautiful pictures! I love the funny stores! I am glad you like to take pictures of them. Too funny! Thanks for sharing!

Tricia said...

Beautiful pictures! I have to be the annoying cousin and ask who the girl is?!?! I love the funny pictures of the signs you find. I wonder what a dog would do there!?