Monday, April 14, 2008

Edinburgh

Trying to stay dry in Edinburgh... Is this a working cannon?



In April Marina had a event to attend for work on a Saturday in Edinburgh; having never been there, I decided to tag along. I scheduled a tee time at the local course, but as you can see I was rained out! Dang! In liu of golfing I wandered the city most of the day, on my own, ducking into pubs when it started raining too bad. Unfortunately, I didn't wind up with many pictures due to the weather, but I thought I would share what I have.




I was thinking about buying a traditional kilt, just for a bit of a laugh, but after seeing the prices for the real thing I thought again. A decent quality kilt cost around $800 with the full getup running right around $1,200. That would have been one expensive Holloween costume!
We toured a tarten factory and these were some of the cheaper tourist type kilts; they were still up around $150 so I left them on the rack.



Rain, rain, go away... awe whom I kidding, this is Edinburgh! Anyone fancy a pint and some haggis?

1 comment:

Tara said...

It may have been raining, but you still got some great shots. I can't believe that a kilt costs that much...crazy!